In addition to local craft beer drafts from Perennial, 4 Hands and Urban Chestnut and vast quantities of Stag Half Quart cans, we anticipate providing 4 ounce samples (free of charge!) of some number of the following beers on our opening weekend:
- Rye Juniper pale ale: Full-bodied rye pale ale finished with rosemary and juniper rather than hops, providing a dry, woody finish.
- Mahlab Winter Warmer: It would be a politely bready ESB except we ran the grainbill way up. Spiced with mahlab, the pits of St. Lucie cherries, commonly used in Turkish baked goods.
- Irish Red Ale: It’s a red ale! Brewed with Irish Ale Yeast! Won gold medals for both “judge’s choice” and “people’s choice” at the Garbâge Brewers Thanksgiving contest in 2013. Full disclosure: Our brewmaster helped organize the contest.
- Lite IPA: A single-hop showcase. Approximately one third of the fermentables come from jaggery, which considerably lightens the body and provides a nice soft caramel end-note and aroma.
- Pecan Chicory Imperial Stout: Big and smooth with chocolate rather than roasty aromas. The pecans butter up the high end and the chicory adds an herbal low end.
We have no idea what we are doing (yet) when it comes to commercially kegging/tapping our own beer and we make no guarantees as to availability on any of these at any given time over our opening. CHAOS.